[omniORB] omniORB on OpenBSD

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Jul 17 15:09:25 BST 2007

On Monday 16 July, Landry Breuil wrote:

> This is OpenBSD-current, i think it may be added to the list of known
> supported oses ?

Yes. The platform lists are very out of date. I need to update the lists
generally.

> The only problem i had was the ipv6-to-ipv4 problem that is already
> handled for FreeBSD - a server listens/binds by default on ipv6, and
> client tries to connect on ipv4 - it fails.

That's because OpenBSD and FreeBSD (and Windows) choose not to implement
the bit of RFC 3493 that says IPv6 sockets should accept IPv4
connections.

> Is IPV6 support experimental or production-ready ?

It's production ready, and being used in production.

> Is it possible to handle OpenBSD case like it's already done for
> FreeBSD ?

Yes.

> I can provide more information if needed (build logs etc..), and
> try patches/cvs to improve the integration into OpenBSD.
> don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Please send me any patches that are required and I'll check them in.
Please make the patches against the current CVS snapshot.