[omniORB] interoperability of DII requests

Jason Stelzer jstelzer at healthmarketscience.com
Mon Jul 9 14:14:31 BST 2007

On Jul 6, 2007, at 6:41 PM, Duncan Grisby wrote:
> I hadn't looked closely enough at it to spot that. "unknown value tag"
> implies it is looking for a valuetype. That's probably because it's
> expecting a StringValue, not just a plain string.

Thanks. I'm attempting to start over and try building a client based
on idl generated from the class files.

This leads me to a question about value boxes. Apparently I need to
pass a CORBA::WStringValue* rather than a plain string. This is fine,
but beyond http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/omni41/omniORB/
omniORB013.html#toc60 I'm not really certain what this object is, or
how I need to treat it with regard to construction, destruction, etc.
Are there some other key words I should be using to look up the info?
I've tried perusing omg.org but the pdfs I've read there have been
unhelpful.

Sorry for such basic questions, but there isn't a wealth of examples
out there to learn from.

--
J.