[omniORB] interoperability of DII requests

William Bauder bill at simplified.biz
Fri Jul 6 18:16:49 BST 2007

I'm not too familiar with jacorb or RMI-IIOP, but here goes anyway:

> 12:12:40,052 ERROR  sys : [STDERR] org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: unknown
> value tag: 0x6 (offset=0x88)  vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 0  completed: No
> 12:12:40,052 ERROR  sys : [STDERR]      at
> org.jacorb.orb.CDRInputStream.read_value(CDRInputStream.java:2446)

I'm guessing that "unknown value tag" means that it's looking for a
typecode, but doesn't recognize it.  However, 6 is the length of "Echo!"
(string length + 1 for null terminator).  I *think* jacorb is expecting
an Any, or Object, or something along those lines, but omniorb is just
sending a string.

Try varying the string that you're sending; see if the unknown value
tags matches the string length + 1.

Unfortunately, I can't offer any suggestions on how to actually resolve
it, unless it's something obvious like the server method not taking a
string as a parameter.

-Bill