[omniORB] Sense of reinvoking the same method

Ridgway, Richard (London) Richard_Ridgway at ml.com
Mon Jan 29 14:44:59 GMT 2007

This depends where you expect the delay to occur. If the invocation
always takes < 10-40ms to process in the remote object then you are ok.
If this could take longer when under load then retrying in the way you
suggested is only likely to make the situation worse by adding yet more
load to the remote server - you would be better off allowing the maximum
500ms for the call to return.
If on the other hand you are trying to deal with network problems, it
sounds reasonable - but bare in mind that omniorb performs retries
automagically under the covers in situations it recognises.

Richard