[omniORB] omniArchive: corba recording/playback tool

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Sun Jan 28 16:24:09 GMT 2007

On Monday 15 January, Mark Janes wrote:

> I am publishing a general omniOrb tool which has been helpful in
> debugging interactions between the corba components that I have worked
> on.

Sorry I haven't replied about this sooner. It looks like a very useful
tool.

I think it might well be a good idea to include it in the omniORB
distribution at some point. However, I get the impression that it is
likely to go through quite a lot of revisions quite quickly not that
you've unleashed it on the world. I think that will be harder if it's in
the omniORB distribution, since its release schedule will be affected by
omniORB's (slow) schedule.

I think that for the time being, the separate Sourceforge project you've
created for it is the best thing to do. I'll add a link to it from the
omniORB web pages if you want.