[omniORB] lost of TCP communications

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Sun Jan 28 16:17:15 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 23 January, "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Aida_F=E1tima_Cano?=" wrote:

> I have the following code in my client and server applications
>
> A client blocks in the second line
>     ServerToClient RequestToServer;
>     Accepted = RequestToServer.Request();
>
> while the server is waiting the user to click "Yes" or "No" buttons of a
> MessageBox
>     CORBA::Booelan ServerToClient_i::Request()
>     {
>        if ( Message.DoModal() == IDOK )
>        {
>            return true;
>        }
>        else
>            return false;
>     }
>
> Then, could someone tell me what omniorb does if the TCP connection falls
> down while the message box is visible, but the user don't click any button?
> Does the thread dissapear?

No, the thread won't go away until your code returns to omniORB and the
thread tries to send a reply across the now non-existent connection.

> I have put a breakpoint where the client blocks itself, then I have
> disconnected the net wire of the server computer. I have connected it again,
> then press the "Ok" button of the messageBox, but the client application
> doesn't continue its ejecution.

You might try running client and server with arguments -ORBtraceLevel 25
-ORBtraceInvocations 1 -ORBtraceThreadId 1 . That will show you what's
going on with the connections.