[omniORB] Re: Assertion using omniORBpy-3.0

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Jan 25 10:10:28 GMT 2007

On Sunday 14 January, "Jan Ohlenburg" wrote:

> sorry for the delay. Here is the dump.

Thanks for that. I'm afraid I still don't know what's really going on,
but it has confirmed my suspicion that an unexpected C++ exception is
being thrown, which is triggering the assertion failure in omniORBpy.  I
have checked in a change to omniORBpy that prevents the assertion
failure. That won't fix the actual issue, but hopefully it will mean
that the C++ exception that's occurring will propagate out far enough
that we can work out what it is and what caused it.

Are you able to try the current cvs version (in the omnipy3_develop
branch) or the latest snapshot from here?

  http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/snapshots/omniORBpy-3-latest.tar.gz