[omniORB] lost of TCP communications

Aida Fátima Cano aida.cano at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 14:04:25 GMT 2007

Hello

I have the following code in my client and server applications

A client blocks in the second line
    ServerToClient RequestToServer;
    Accepted = RequestToServer.Request();

while the server is waiting the user to click "Yes" or "No" buttons of a
MessageBox
    CORBA::Booelan ServerToClient_i::Request()
    {
       if ( Message.DoModal() == IDOK )
       {
           return true;
       }
       else
           return false;
    }

Then, could someone tell me what omniorb does if the TCP connection falls
down while the message box is visible, but the user don't click any button?
Does the thread dissapear?

I have put a breakpoint where the client blocks itself, then I have
disconnected the net wire of the server computer. I have connected it again,
then press the "Ok" button of the messageBox, but the client application
doesn't continue its ejecution.

Thanks