[omniORB] colocal optimization

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Jan 19 10:04:02 GMT 2007

On Thursday 18 January, "Christoph Becker" wrote:

> My question is: If the number of connections per servant is limited,
> are local-calls included or excluded? If maximum
> connections/servant-ratio is reached, what does the ORB do with local
> calls? (maxGIOPConnectionPerServer)

Connections are to servers, not to servants. The server is the whole
process. Local calls do not involve any connections, and thus are not
involved in connection limits.

Also, the maxGIOPConnectionPerServer parameter is actually a client-side
setting that determines how many connections a client can open to any
given server process. It doesn't limit the number of connections a
server will accept.