[omniORB] colocal optimization

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Jan 10 12:09:09 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 9 January, "Christoph Becker" wrote:

> Is it possible to trigger omniORBs behavior regarding to colocol
> optimization?

No. It always optimises colocated calls.

>  Am I right that a local call blocks the servant?  (Because of no
> extra thread is used.)

I don't understand that at all. Why would a local call "block the
servant"?  The servant doesn't care if a call is local or remote, and
nothing stops another thread from doing a simultaneous call (unless you
choose the POA's single threading policy, of course).