[omniORB] Remote call not accepted?

Steve Donovan SJDonova at csir.co.za
Tue Feb 27 16:15:20 GMT 2007

Thanks, Duncan!  A few very crucial lines missing ;)

Curiously enough, it works fine _one way_!!

steve d.

On Tuesday 27 February, "Steve Donovan" wrote:

> I'm writing a C++ client using OmniORB to speak to a Java server.  I
> can make calls to the server object, but when I pass one of my
objects
> to the server, the server cannot complete a callback.  When I kill
the
> client, the call finishes in the server.

[...]
> omniORB: POA for root<0> (active) in HOLDING state; waiting...

As the message says, the POA is in the holding state, so it's holding
your call. You need to call activate() on the POA's POAManager.

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions

CallCentre at csir.co.za.