[omniORB] SocketSetCloseOnExec and socket collection

Sébastien Bouchex Bellomié sbouchex at infovista.com
Mon Feb 26 14:14:37 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Under linux (RH 4), I have some warnings like this :

File descriptor 3 left open

File descriptor 4 left open

They appear when our app (liked against omniorb) is spawning a child process. After a look at the omniorb code, it seems that SocketSetCloseOnExec is not called on the initial pipe created in  tcpConnection::tcpConnection and in sslConnection:: sslConnection (the calling code is in SocketCollection::SocketCollection).

Is it a bug and is it done by design ?

Thanks

Seb

Sébastien BOUCHEX BELLOMIÉ - Senior Software Engineer
INFOVISTA  SA
6, rue de la Terre De Feu
F-91952 Courtaboeuf Cedex
Tel : +33 (0)1 64 86 79 72      Fax : +33 (0)1 64 86 79 79
sbouchex at infovista.com <mailto:sbouchex at infovista.com>        http://www.infovista.com <http://www.infovista.com>