[omniORB] CORBA::Double corrupted when compiling -O2 and -O3

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Feb 16 12:24:42 GMT 2007

On Thursday 15 February, "Stuart Caunt" wrote:

> I've recently upgraded my linux system and have noticed that values passed
> as CORBA::Double in our CORBA application are not passed correctly - the
> values end up being very close to zero, eg 1.213342e-41 for all values
> (even if they were originally 1.2, 3.4, 10.0, etc).

[...]
> I'm running on Debian Etch with OmniORB 4.0.6 and g++ 4.1.2. Has anyone
> else had similar problems?

It is a known problem caused by an interaction between omniORB's
marshalling code and the gcc version used in Debian. The issue was fixed
long ago. Upgrade to omniORB 4.1.0 or 4.0.7 and it will work fine.

I wonder why Debian is still distributing an old omniORB version that is
known to be broken on that OS.