[omniORB] Marshall exception -- message size limit exceeded

Luke Deller ldeller at xplantechnology.com
Tue Feb 6 14:14:31 GMT 2007

Philippe wrote:
> The issue that Henrique was describing is not so much the limit to
> the message size as the handling on the server side.

Duncan's suggestion to have separate configurable limits for sending and
receiving would actually solve your problem.

It's not obvious how to improve the handling on the server site for the
reasons that we raised.  However, if you could set the sending limit to
be higher than the receiving limit, then the receiving limit would be
exceeded first.  The receiver is able to raise a useful error message
for you (ie MARSHAL_MessageSizeExceedLimit instead of COMM_FAILURE).

Regards,
Luke.
Important Note
This email (including any attachments) contains information which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of XPlan Technology.

It is the duty of the recipient to virus scan and otherwise test the information provided before loading onto any computer system.
Xplan Technology does not warrant that the information is free of a virus or any other defect or error.