[omniORB] Problem connecting naming service

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Feb 5 17:57:50 GMT 2007

On Saturday 27 January, "Klaus Dieter Welast" wrote:

> [....]
> >The looping that's happening in the trace is a result of a bug that has
> >been fixed. Update to omniORB 4.1.0 or the latest snapshot of 4.0.x to
> >avoid that issue. The problem there is that the failed call on the
> >forwarded object reference does not correctly fall back to using the
> >original reference.
>
> I have update to 4.10 and rerun the tests. The behaviour is changed,
> but now omniORB toggled between both servers until timeout. I think,
> omniORB should overwrite the 2nd LOCATION_FORWARD from slave -after go
> back to slave- and use the slave to resolve the request.

It's doing what I said it would -- it's bouncing between the original
location and the forwarded location. The problem is that omniORB only
uses the first IIOP profile, while Visibroker is expecting it to look at
the second IIOP profile. The CORBA spec clearly says that one call
should use just one IIOP profile, so I think omniORB is doing the right
thing.