[omniORB] How to cdrMarshal CORBA.Any value?

Anton Dedov adedov at swsoft.com
Fri Dec 28 15:27:28 GMT 2007

Hi!

I am trying form request context in interceptor via Python interface of omniORB. Our server part is working under ACE-TAO. Server-side interceptors wait for a context data encapsulated into Any. But I cannot marshal Any value with cdrMarshal:

>>> s = SecurityContext(...)
>>> s_any = CORBA.Any(CORBA.TypeCode(CORBA.id(s)), s)
>>> cdrMarshal(CORBA.TypeCode(CORBA.id(s_any)), s_any)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in ?
  File "./omniORB/CORBA.py", line 480, in id
BAD_PARAM: CORBA.BAD_PARAM(omniORB.BAD_PARAM_WrongPythonType, CORBA.COMPLETED_NO)

Can anyone advise me how I can generate TypeCode for CORBA::Any. Or maybe I am trying to do something fundamentally wrong?

--
Anton Dedov
Software Developer, PEM