[omniORB] Having trouble with CORBA::Object::_PD_repoId

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Dec 21 11:45:06 GMT 2007

On Monday 17 December, Raikanta Sahu wrote:

> I am having problem with the client side of my application when I use the
> function CORBA::ORB::string_to_object. The problem seems to be that
> ::CORBA::Object::_PD_repoId is not resolved/initialized properly when the
> DLL is loaded.
>
> omniORB version: 4.1.1
> platform: Windows XP, vc7, linked with *_rt.dll

It will be some kind of DLL linkage issue.

How did you build omniORB (or are you using the binary release)?  How
are you building your code?  Try the omniORB echo examples using the
included makefiles. Do they work?  Assuming they do, compare the
compiler options they use with the options you are using.