[omniORB] Setting compiler flags for omniORB

Stephen Hansen apt.shansen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 12:57:13 GMT 2007

> Hello Stephen
>
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 01:29:09PM -0800, Stephen Hansen wrote:
> > The problem is I can't seem to do it :) Setting the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS
> > environment variables doesn't appear to do anything; the flags aren't
> > getting added onto the compiler's command lines.
>
> The easy way is doing:
>
>  $ CC="$my_cc $my_cflags" CXX="$my_CC $my_cxxflags" ./configure $my_opts

Wonderful! That works. I didn't think of hiding them in CC :)

> Personally I have the ambition of looking into CFLAGS some day I have
> time and seeing if I can't produce a patch that makes the build system
> honour it.

I tried doing that myself. And failed horribly at groking omni's build
system.

I was heartbroken with the possibility that I might have to maintain
separate Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.4 installers for our mac customers to install
omniORB(py), for awhile there. You saved me! :) Thanks.

--Stephen