[omniORB] Setting compiler flags for omniORB

Floris Bruynooghe floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 11:22:19 GMT 2007

Hello Stephen

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 01:29:09PM -0800, Stephen Hansen wrote:
> The problem is I can't seem to do it :) Setting the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS
> environment variables doesn't appear to do anything; the flags aren't
> getting added onto the compiler's command lines.

The easy way is doing:

 $ CC="$my_cc $my_cflags" CXX="$my_CC $my_cxxflags" ./configure $my_opts

The hard way is editing mk/beforeauto.mk and looking for the lines:
# Default compiler rules
CDEBUGFLAGS    = ...
CXXDEBUGFLAGS  = ...

and adding your flags to there.

Personally I have the ambition of looking into CFLAGS some day I have
time and seeing if I can't produce a patch that makes the build system
honour it.

Regards
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom