[omniORB] OmniORB4.1 connection problem with TNameServer

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Dec 3 17:31:57 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 21 November, Rie Kakuuchi wrote:

> I updated OmniORB of the client side to version 4.1.0 because I need to
> build the DLL on VS2005. Then the client side always to fail to "resolve
> initial reference" with NameServer.
>
> The settings are as follows.
> --------------
> Client PC : OmniORB 4.1
> Server PC : OmniORB 3.03 + TNameServer 1.6
>
> Am I missing something in the configurations?
> The trace is given below. (IP address is fake.)

The trace looks like it's all working ok, but for some reason it doesn't
think there's a valid way to contact the boot agent for the TNameServer.
The IOR it is trying to use is valid (although it's on localhost, rather
than a different server).

Do the omniORB echo examples work?  Please try eg1 and eg2.