[omniORB] giopRendezvouser exit on error

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Dec 3 17:26:55 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 21 November, "Vinouse, Jean-Pierre \(Jean-Pierre\)" wrote:

> our server application runs omniOrb 4.0.7 under VxWorks. Client
> (solaris, different ORB) connects to server through an IP over ATM
> network.
>
> We encounter a very sporadic field issue on the server side which leads
> to the termination (exit on error) of the task giopRendezvouser, which
> listens at client connection requests on the incoming Orb port.
>
> Following message (raised by method giopServer::notifyRzDone) could be
> logged :
>
> t1 : Unrecoverable error for this endpoint:
> giop:tcp:192.168.171.94:15678, it will
> no longer be serviced.

Are you able to update to the latest snapshot on either the
omni4_0_develop or (better) omni4_1_develop branch?  Various problems to
do with connection management have been fixed since 4.0.7, so it would
be good for you to use the latest version. If you can reproduce the
error with the latest release, the first thing to do is to get a trace
from the server with traceLevel 25 traceThreadId 1.