[omniORB] thread policy per interface function

black hole neyrith at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 21:15:18 BST 2007

On 8/17/07, Thomas Lockhart <lockhart at fourpalms.org> wrote:
> >> The downside is that you will be tying up ORB threads while they wait
> >> for the mutex to become free.
> > That doesn't make any difference. omniORB implements the single thread
> > model with a recursive mutex, so using a mutex in application code is no
> > different.
>
> I was assuming a multi-threaded model with individual methods forcing
> single-thread behavior by holding application-level mutexes. Is there a
> fatal flaw in that configuration?

There is nothing wrong with this configuration. But it is not
what I am looking for. ORB_CTRL_MODEL is not necessarily
a multi-threaded model (it is a choice of every CORBA implementation).
There is SINGLE_THREAD_MODEL POA policy, to specify that I want
single-threaded POA. But there doesn't seem to be any such policy as
"MULTI_THREAD_MODEL" policy, to specify that I want multi-threaded POA.

Tomas Klacko