[omniORB] thread policy per interface function

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Fri Aug 17 08:51:18 BST 2007

> I want part of its functions to be executed single-threaded
> or multi-threaded (ORB_CTRL_MODEL). But I always want
> the other part to be executed multi-threaded.

Given your constraints, I would think that protecting some execution
paths with a mutex held within your server code would give you the
single-threaded behavior you need. Leave the mutex out for those methods
which can be executed in parallel.

The downside is that you will be tying up ORB threads while they wait
for the mutex to become free.

hth

                        - Tom