[omniORB] thread policy per interface function

black hole neyrith at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 15:13:05 BST 2007

Hi,

I am trying to solve this situation. I have an IDL interface.
I want part of its functions to be executed single-threaded
or multi-threaded (ORB_CTRL_MODEL). But I always want
the other part to be executed multi-threaded. Now, this is not
an issue with omniORB, since it spawns new thread for a new
request if the previous request is not handled yet. But, I don't
know how to solve it in general (not to depend on a particular
CORBA implementation).

Note1: It is a design decision not to have the interface split
into two. The interface has to be available as a single IOR
and not two.

Note2: As another part of the design, I can not start a new
thread inside an interface function. The interface function
has to be already executing in a new thread.

Tomas Klacko