[omniORB] clarify url resolution

Jason Stelzer jstelzer at healthmarketscience.com
Thu Aug 16 16:49:11 BST 2007

I'm working wth looking up/using remote objects. One of the first
things I need to do is lookup the remote name service. After that I
lookup remote objects to use.
I can lookup remote objects via IOR urls, but not corbaloc urls
(which I would prefer as they're more readable).

CosNaming::NamingContext_var _nc;
CORBA::Object_var nsobj =   _orb->string_to_object(namingUrl);
_nc = CosNaming::NamingContext::_narrow(nsobj);

This works if namingUrl = "IOR:000......"
However if namingUrl  = "corbaloc:iiop:1.2 at hostname:3528/JBoss/Naming/
remote" I get an OBJECT_NOT_EXIST exception from corba.

Is my url incorrect? Is this only supported by certain corba
versions? Should I be calling something different for a url formatted
like the latter example? Using the IOR url will work, but its less
than ideal from a human readable perspective.

--
J.