[omniORB] How to the Naming Service to support many simultaneous connections.

souchaud souchaud at labri.fr
Wed Apr 25 15:22:08 BST 2007

Hello,

When I launched my programm on a cluster and if I use more than ~200
nodes, my application cannot start and the following error appear :

... Failed to resolve NameService ...

Here is the portion of the code used to resolve the naming service :

  // Obtain a reference of the name service:
  COLCOWS_DEBUG(dblTest, "Obtain a reference of the Naming Service");
  try {
    obj_ref = orbp->resolve_initial_references("NameService");
    new_node_servant->_naming_ctxt =
CosNaming::NamingContext::_narrow(obj_ref);
  }
  catch(...) {
    COLCOWS_ERROR("Failed to resolve NameService");
  }

I don't think the problem is in my source code because below 200 nodes
it works fine. My program works like this : the program is launched on
every nodes with MPI, and at the beginning of the program, each nodes
try to resolve an object on the Naming service.

I would like to know if there is way to configure the Naming Service (or
the client) so that the Naming Service can handle more than 200
connections at the same time.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Mathieu Souchaud