[omniORB] omniORB-4.1.0 on solaris AMD 64-bit

Stein-Ole Gabrielsen SGabrielsen at oslo.westerngeco.slb.com
Thu Apr 19 10:32:04 BST 2007

Hello,
I have made an attempt of compiling omniORB-4.1.0 on a Sun Fire X4600,
with Solaris 10. So I need to compile for 64-bit Solaris x86 platform.

This is what I did:
1) Installed a 64-bit version of python-2.5 by running the ./configure
script with these two options:
   i) CC=cc64 and CXX=CC64,  cc64 and CC64 is a path to sh scripts
specifying how to execute cc and CC. (exec cc -xarch=generic64 $*)

2) After python was installed, I ran the omniORB ./configure script
with the same options as for python and also specified the python
executable I just had installed.

3) To be able to compile I had to modify the
./include/omniORB/CORBA_sysdep.h.
    i) The line #if __SUNPRO_CC < 0x420 modified to #if __SUNPRO_CC <
0x620, to enable the NEED_DUMMY_RETURN macro.

Have anyone else compiled omniORB for such a system and if anyone sees
obvious mistakes I did, please comment. I haven't actually tested that
the installation works. Does anyone know if there is some omniORB
specified test suite I can use to verify my installation?

Regards
Stein-Ole