[omniORB] CORBA::Any marshalling endian problem

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Apr 19 00:04:51 BST 2007

On Tuesday 17 April, "Steve Donovan" wrote:

> Thanks to Duncan's tremendous support I've finally got a Omniorb C++
> client running on my embedded Gumstix talking to a Java server. It
> faultlessly handles the little-endian nature of the device, except when
> I try to put stuff into a CORBA::Any.  If I put a double into an Any, it
> will not arrive properly.

What goes wrong with it?  Do other types like long work?  What about
long long?  float?

What omniORB version?

What processor are you using?  If it's an ARM, some of them have a
strange mixed-endian double representation. If that applies to you, does
the macro selection in include/omniORB4/CORBA_sysdep.h that sets
OMNI_MIXED_ENDIAN_DOUBLE choose the right setting?