[omniORB] omniOrbPy: any way to actively talk to two different servers on different hosts from a single python script?

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Wed Apr 18 15:55:20 BST 2007

>  ... It doesn't work, it only talks to the echo server on the first host.
>  It appears the ORB in the client is static and can only talk to one
>  naming service host.

Static or not, the initial reference to the naming service is determined
just once. Why do you want two different naming services? You have two
servers, and you have a client which wants to talk to both servers.
Sounds to me like this calls for just one naming service with two
different entries. Have the servers register with the same naming
service and have the client look to the same naming service for both
servers and you will be happy.

Alternatively, you can contact the naming services without using the
initial reference feature and then access both naming services as you
want. But I still wonder why you would want to...

hth

                          - Tom