[omniORB] RE: Unresolved token problem

Carlos carlos at canama.net
Sun Apr 8 14:33:34 BST 2007

El mié, 04-04-2007 a las 09:31 -0700, Perham, David A. (Mission Systems)
escribió:

> Howdy:
>
> Upon further study I've learned that this problem only occurs when the
> structure parameter contains string or sequence members, even if they
> are bound.
>
> Is there a workaround for this?
>
> I am building a Forms project in Visual C++ V.7 in a .NET
> environment--is that not supported by omniorb?
>

> I forgot to add that I could link if I changed the "out" parameters to
> "inout," and adjust the implementation class appropiately.
>

> Howdy:
>
> I have the following methods defined in IDL:
>
> typedef struct EntityTypeAttributesData
> {
>    string<100>  TypeName ;
>    short                TypeRange ;
>    short                TypeCount ;
> } EntityWeaponTypeAttributesDataType ;
>
> typedef struct EntityAttributesData
> {
>    string<100> EntityName ;
>    long EntityCount ;
> } EntityAttributesDataType ;
>
> boolean RequestEntityTypeAttributes( in short ClassHandle, out
> EntityTypeAttributesDataType TypeAttributes ) ;
>
> boolean RequestEntityAttributes( in long EntityId, out
> EntityAttributesDataType EntityAttributes ) ;
>

> In the Implementation class I have the following method declarations
> (also the bodies) :
>

> bool RequestEntityTypeAttributes( short ClassHandle,
> EntityTypeAttributesDataType_out TypeAttributes ) ;
>
> bool RequestEntityAttributes(   long EntityId,
> EntityAttributesDataType_out EntityAttributes ) ;
>
> Yet when I attempt to build, I get the following link errors:
>
> LINK : error LNK2020: unresolved token (0A00002C)
> ObjectServerImpl.RequestEntityWeaponAttributes
> LINK : error LNK2020: unresolved token (0A00002D)
> ObjectServerImpl.RequestEntityWeaponTypeAttributes
> LINK : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

Hi all:

I am not sure but I think you have defined two methods
RequestEntityWeaponAttributes and RequestEntityWeaponTypeAttributes that
are not implemented or and if you defined and deleted them from idl
source a recompilation problem.

Cheers.

Carlos.