[omniORB] Cancelling calls in progress

garyh garyh at involved.com
Fri Sep 29 16:29:39 BST 2006

I'm using omniorb 4.0.7 and I'm trying to figure out whether it's possible
to close a call to the server. Right now I have a function that downloads
files from the server. It works great except I can't figure out how to stop
it from another thread if the user decides to abort. There must be some way
of doing this besides having to download a little piece at a time. The files
aren't that big (~1mb) but some of the clients can only connect at 5k/s.

So is there some function I'm missing that does this? Is there some code I
can add to disconnect the tcp socket? I don't really care if I have to
disconnect all calls in progress although I'd prefer to keep the object
references.  Searching the archive I can find this question a few times but
it's never been answered.

Thanks,

Gary