[omniORB] Projects with omniORB and CORBA

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Sep 29 18:43:49 BST 2006

On Wednesday 27 September, Jeffrey Coffman wrote:

> I am looking for masters project ideas and thought I would querey the
> group to see if anyone had some ideas for project involving CORBA or
> anything that could be added to omniORB?  I had thought adding AMI
> support would be a good project but may be to big for one person to
> finish in a timely manner.  Any ideas or suggestions?

How big is your project meant to be?  Coincidentally, I've been talking
to someone else about doing AMI, or at least some of it, as a project.
It probably is a suitable thing to do, at least doing the support in the
ORB core. It may be too much grunt work to do the full C++ mapping.

The other kind of thing you could consider doing is to implement one of
the various CORBA services like the trader service, or do a
database-backed naming service.