[omniORB] Compiler warnings in 4.1

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Sun Sep 17 22:30:23 BST 2006

On Sunday 10 September, "Tamas Kerecsen" wrote:

> All the warnings I saw complained about one class or the other not calling
> its parent class' copy constructor from its own copy constructor (I always
> wondered if it would have been better to design the C++ language so copy
> constructors call their parent copy constructors instead of the default
> constructors). It seems like it's not a real issue, because all the parent
> copy constructors are empty. But just to appease the compiler (and to
> prevent a big old gotcha' moment in the future if something gets added to
> the parent copy constructors), could you put in those calls to the parent
> copy constructor?

I fixed those warnings once. Unfortunately, some other compiler (I can't
remember which, but probably Visual C++, it usually is) didn't like it,
so I had to revert it back to the version with the warnings. We'll have
to hope gcc doesn't promote it to be an error, otherwise we'll need yet
another awful macro to cope with it.