[omniORB] Unable to locate msvcr80.dll while compiling omniorb3.0.4 with VC8(Visual Studio 2005)

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Sun Sep 17 21:52:54 BST 2006

On Wednesday 13 September, "George Liu" wrote:

> I'm trying to compile omniORB 3.0.4 on XP with VC8 (Visual Studio 2005)

Is there a good reason that you're trying to compile such an old omniORB
version with such a new version of Visual Studio?  omniORB 4.0.7 and
4.1.0 both work fine with VS 8.

To make the build of 3.0.4 work, you might be able to compare all the
make files between the 3.0.4 and 4.0.7 releases to see what's changed,
but it will be quite painful, I expect. It will almost certainly be
better for you to use a newer omniORB release.