[omniORB] Corba::WString or WChar

S. Sahayaraj ssahayaraj at quark.com
Thu Oct 26 15:34:50 BST 2006

The problem was due to conflict of data type definition for wchar
between OmniORB and my sample projects. In my samples, I'm using my own
definition for wchar as a 16 bit entity using "Unsigned Short". But
OmniORB uses its own CORBA::WChar data type. So wherever I'm using the
CORBA::WString methods, the linker reports that all of them are
unresolved symbols along with "Unsigned Short" as the parameters of
those method signatures.

Actually, we can override the CORBA::WChar data type by our own data
type in omniORB. It can be done through the manually in
"$...\include\omniORB4\local_config.h" file in omniORB source
distribution. After changing it, rebuilt the omniORB again. All the
linking issues have been resolved. It works fine.

Since beginning, I was expecting the similar configuration and searching
the same. Unfortunately, I haven't found it in documentation, examples
and nowhere in distribution list. At last, got it in one of the header
file.

For better documentation, Can we put this information into either Readme
or user guide or any other documentation?

Thanks

Sahay.