[omniORB] Multiple end point and Omni 2.8 client

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Oct 23 16:39:19 BST 2006

On Tuesday 17 October, "Olivier Thiboutot" wrote:

> We use a server that publish more than one profile like
>
> Profile
>
> 1. IIOP 1.0 Public_IP 3661
>
> 2. IIOP 1.0 Local_IP 3661
>
> When we are behind the firewall with NAT, no problem but when we are
> local and not using the NAT to get back on the network, it fails. If I
> reverse the profiles, the opposite problem rises... I conclude that
> OmniOrb 2.8 client are not trying all endpoint for establishing a
> connection. Is there a way to handle that?

omniORB 2.8 is ancient history. It doesn't support IORs with multiple
endpoints.

As Wernke has pointed out, newer versions of omniORB, starting with 4.0,
do support multiple endpoints, but not when they're specified as
multiple separate IIOP profiles, since the CORBA specification says
clients should pick just one profile.