[omniORB] linux, windows communication problem + new problems

Karl Schulze k.schulze at synedra.com
Fri Oct 20 12:17:08 BST 2006

Duncan Grisby schrieb:

> To confirm that that is really what's going on, you could try getting a
> trace with -ORBtraceLevel 25 -ORBtraceInvocations 1 -ORBtraceThreadId 1
> -ORBtraceTime 1 on both omniNames and the client. That way we can
> correlate the connection handling on both sides.

Hello Duncan

I have now done a lot of new tests and I have now several logs for the
problem I have described earlier.
To keep the traffic small for the mailing list I have put them on
http://www.synedra.com/downloads/omniORB/logs.zip

The zip-File contains 3 folder, the results within there are for the
following tests

The folder called 'LinLinux' contains the logs for the communication
problem that arise when I connect
with two Linux clients to a Linux omniNames and a Linux server. At the
end of the log I have waited about
an hour for anything new on the connections but everything seems to be
stalled. This problem only
occurs with inConScanPeriod=1 and a sleep time of 2 seconds in the two
clients. With inConScanPeriod=2
it does no longer appear

The folder called 'WinLinux' contains the logs for one windows client
communicating with a Linux omniNames
and a Linux server. In this situation I was able to reproduce the
'crash' in the windows client with
inConScanPeriod=1 and inConScanPeriod=2 but not for inConScanPeriod=3.
(The client uses a sleep of
2000 msec).

The third folder called 'WinLinux2' contains the logs for one windows
client communicating with a Linux omniNames
and a Linux server, but with a longer sleep time for the client (10sec).
I have done this test only for
inConScanPeriod=1. Also in this situation the 'crash' appears which is
strange I think, because of the long client
sleep time I would not expect any 'race condition' for this situation.

Hopefully the logs can help the find the reason for the strange behavior
Thanks for the help
Karl