[omniORB] omninames: cannot create a worker fot this endpoint

Bruno Carlus b.carlus at ipnl.in2p3.fr
Thu Oct 12 15:42:35 BST 2006

Duncan Grisby a écrit :

>On Wednesday 11 October, Bruno CARLUS wrote:
>

>>I've been running omniNames (omniORB 4.0.7) for quite a long time on
>>the same machine (Mandriva 2006 x86) and everything was going smoothly
>>but one morning this week after an omniNames restart (ok) the
>>different client could not resolve the nameservice reference anymore
>>and omninames prints out a large bunch of messages "omninames cannot
>>create a worker for this endpoint". The point is that there is a lot
>>of clients connecting at the same time to the name service (about
>>1000).
>>

>"Cannot create a worker for this endpoint" means that omniORB was unable
>to start a thread. Putting it into thread pool mode will probably make
>it work. You might also want to reduce the idle connection timeout
>(inConScanPeriod parameter) so that connections from idle clients are
>closed sooner.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Duncan.

Duncan,
When i'm using a thread pool  omniNames  uses about  50% of CPU !
If I increase the size of the pool (250) charge decreases to 15%.

With no pool I have about 1000 threads...Is it a solution to use a pool
of up to 1000 threads...?
By the way what is the difference for the system between a pool of n
thread and n threads?

Thanks,
Bruno.