[omniORB] linux, windows communication problem + new

K.D.Welast at t-online.de K.D.Welast at t-online.de
Wed Oct 11 10:24:03 BST 2006

Hello Karl,

[.....]
>In our case the limitation of max file handle (256 per default) caused
the stall >of omniNames.
>omniNames close the socket related file handle after a timeout (I can’t
>remember who long the timeout was). If your interval for new connection
is >shorter then the timeout period, the number of open files handles
increase to >the max number of file handle for omniNames and onmiNames
stalled.

>In our production environment we reduce the interval of new connection
to >solve the problem.

Sorry, for that mistake!
I mean we reduce the number of new connetion by increase the interval
time.

Best regards

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Kl. D. Welast