[omniORB] omniORB Authentication Methods

Stephan February stephan.february at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 09:31:01 BST 2006

Hello Everyone

I have been doing a bit of reading on various authentication methods with
CORBA in general, and omniORB specifically. The two methods I've found so
far are:

   - Enforcing a single access point (based on a paper titled "Architectural
Patterns for Enabling Application Security")
     I am thinking that using Custom Servant Managers allows one to achieve
this.

   - Adding an authentication token as a Service Context in a *
clientSendRequest* Interceptor.

Has anyone implemented either of these two methods in production? What are
your experiences ?

Regards
Stephan