[omniORB] Announce: omniORB 4.1.0 and omniORBpy 3.0 releasecandidates

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Oct 9 15:25:56 BST 2006

On Thursday 5 October, "Barthel Marco" wrote:

> We encounter some problems compiling omniORB 4.1.0 RC1 using WIN32/SDK
> Feb 2003 and MSVC6:

[...]
> C:\BM\Progs\MS_SDK\Include\winsock2.h(1283) : error C2371: 'sockaddr_in'
> : redefinition; different basic types
>         C:\BM\Progs\MS_SDK\Include\winsock2.h(397) : see declaration of
> 'sockaddr_in'

[...]
> I tracked down the problem to the redefinition of "sockaddr_in"
>
> #define SOCKADDR_STORAGE sockaddr_in  --> typedef struct
> sockaddr_storage SOCKADDR_STORAGE;
>
> Why is there a "#define SOCKADDR_STORAGE" on WIN32?? This seems to be
> defined by winsock.h

omniORB is using the define to either resolve to sockaddr_storage or
sockaddr_in, depending on whether the platform defines sockaddr_storage
or not. Unfortunately, the Windows headers are also using
SOCKADDR_STORAGE in capitals. I've changed omniORB to call it
OMNI_SOCKADDR_STORAGE, so it should be ok now.