[omniORB] Why do oneway requests hang on disconnected network?

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Nov 30 17:37:23 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 29 November, Sean Parker wrote:

> In my spare seconds, I can take a look... let me know where
> I should look first - for example: when a client app is
> making a request on a stub, how does omniORB differentiate
> between a oneway request (not needing a return value of
> course) and one requiring a holding pattern waiting for a
> reply?

Whether a call is oneway or not is recorded in a callDescriptor object
-- see include/omniORB4/callDescriptor.h.

However, what you really need to understand first is how the connection
management works, which is far from trivial. You might want to start
reading src/lib/omniORB/orbcore/transport.txt, then start looking at the
implementations of the classes it mentions.