[omniORB] Multiple Addresses and NAT problem

Hunt, Dave Dave.Hunt at uk.thalesgroup.com
Wed Nov 22 16:09:56 GMT 2006

Dear all,

We have a PC on a LAN with two IP addresses; it connects to the WAN via one
router, and has a corba link to another network via a second router.
This second router applies Network Address Translation (NAT).
We are using omniOrb 4.0.7 on a Windows XP platform.
The link worked fine before we introduced NAT. I have experimented with
environment variable OMNIORB_USEHOSTNAME, and more recently omniorb
endPoint.
Either the omninames server or the Servant program fail to come up (omniorb
initialisation problems) dependant upon which things I attempt to tweak
(such as putting the port number of 2809 on the end of endPoint).
Does anyone have any ideas or examples of what should be done in these
circumstances ?

Thanks in advance,
Dave Hunt