[omniORB] Question related to ORB_init

Stefan Näwe stefan.naewe at atlas.de
Mon Nov 20 15:04:49 GMT 2006

Nilanjan Sarkar schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> We are currently integrating with omniORB (version 4.0.7). We want to
> use the ORB_init parameters mainly like ,
> " -ORBInitialHost 192.168.1.50 -ORBInitialPort 2809". But we are getting
> the exception "omniORB: ORB_init failed: unknown option
> (-ORBInitialHost) in -ORB arguments"
>
> We followed the documents
> "<http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/dtg/attarchive/omniORB/doc/2.8/omniORB2/node5.html#omniorbapioptions>"

That's ancient!

Read the docs here:

   http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/omni41/omniORB/

> for ORBInitialHost  and ORBInitialPort .
>
> By adding the parameters (ORBInitialHost  and ORBInitialPort ) in
> omniORB.cfg , after starting 'omniNames' we were successfully able to
> connect from our Java ORB Client using, " ORBInitialHost  and
> ORBInitialPort ".
>
> But if we try to add as a command line arguments (ORBInitialHost  and
> ORBInitialPort )  to the Servant program, we got the above exception
> "omniORB: ORB_init failed: unknown option (-ORBInitialHost) in -ORB
> arguments".
>
> If anybody can tell me, how to pass  "ORBInitialHost  and ORBInitialPort
> " in "CORBA::ORB_init(argc, argv)", we will be very helpful.

HTH
  Stefan
Stefan Naewe                                     ATLAS Elektronik GmbH
                                                         Dept.: NUS T4
phone: +49-(0)421-457-1378                Sebaldsbruecker Heerstr. 235
fax:   +49-(0)421-457-3913                                28305 Bremen