[omniORB] Question related to ORB_init

Nilanjan Sarkar nilanjans at condornetworks.com
Mon Nov 20 18:50:28 GMT 2006

Hi,

We are currently integrating with omniORB (version 4.0.7). We want to
use the ORB_init parameters mainly like ,
" -ORBInitialHost 192.168.1.50 -ORBInitialPort 2809". But we are getting
the exception "omniORB: ORB_init failed: unknown option
(-ORBInitialHost) in -ORB arguments"

We followed the documents
"<http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/dtg/attarchive/omniORB/doc/2.8/omniOR
B2/node5.html#omniorbapioptions>"
for ORBInitialHost  and ORBInitialPort .

By adding the parameters (ORBInitialHost  and ORBInitialPort ) in
omniORB.cfg, after starting 'omniNames' we were successfully able to
connect from our Java ORB Client using, "ORBInitialHost  and
ORBInitialPort ".

But if we try to add as a command line arguments (ORBInitialHost  and
ORBInitialPort )  to the Servant program, we got the above exception
"omniORB: ORB_init failed: unknown option (-ORBInitialHost) in -ORB
arguments".

If anybody can tell me, how to pass  "ORBInitialHost  and ORBInitialPort
" in "CORBA::ORB_init(argc, argv)", we will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Nilanjan