[omniORB] problem with jacorb and omniorb

meguiraun001 at ikasle.ehu.es meguiraun001 at ikasle.ehu.es
Mon Nov 13 16:33:32 GMT 2006

Hello,
I am trying to connect a client written in python(bezero.py) to a server
written in jacorb. If both of them are in the same computer everything
is ok, but if not, i get the following message for the client:

>>python bezero.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bezero.py", line 41, in ?
    print eo.kalk()
  File "/home/josu/Desktop/froga/bi/mik_idl.py", line 66, in kalk
    return _omnipy.invoke(self, "kalk", _0_mik.send._d_kalk, args)
omniORB.CORBA.TRANSIENT: Minor: TRANSIENT_ConnectFailed, COMPLETED_NO.
__________
the programs are based on the examples of omniorbpy(2.7) and jacorb(2.2.4).
// mik.idl
module mik {
  interface send {
    string kalk();
  };
};
in sendImpl() class i defined kalk(), it sends a string.
And the server call to this method when the client asks.

I am using omniNames, and i have defined omniorb.cfg as follows:

InitRef = NameService=corbaname:iiop:"myIPaddress":2809
clientTransportRule = *     unix,tcp
endPoint = giop:tcp:"myIPaddress":
serverTransportRule  = *      unix,tcp,ssl

and jacorb:

ORBInitRef.NameService=corbaloc::"myIPaddress":2809/NameService

The rest of the lines i left as they were.

I have change the configuration files many times but i dont have fixed
the problem, Is something missing?

Many thanks in advance,

Mikel Eguiraun Arrieta, University of Basque Country,Bilbao Spain