[omniORB] omniNames error

JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen) jhje at novonordisk.com
Mon May 29 18:50:08 BST 2006

>    I am new to omniORB. When I am trying to start the naming
> service, I get the following error:
> %omniNames -start
> omniORB: Error: Unable to create an endpoint of this
> Failed to initialise the POAs. Is omniNames already running?

Hi Delia.

Are you running on Windows without a network connection ? I seem to
recall something about tcp loopback connections not being enabled per
default on some Windows configurations so I would check that the network
is working. Can you ping 127.0.0.1 ?

Some more details about your setup would also help tremendously :-).

Cheers
-- Jan Holst Jensen, Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark