[omniORB] potential bug: two ORBs with the same endPoint

Igor Lautar igor.lautar at hermes.si
Fri May 19 15:09:14 BST 2006

Hi,

On Friday 19 May 2006 13:57, Harri Pasanen wrote:
> Why do you want to decide the port to pick?

I want to have persistent IORs for particular service.

> Why don't you just let the underlying OS decide, and use a naming
> service?

Yes, that would be another solution. But it would be nice to not have the need
for naming service, as all I need is known URL (number of main objects does
not change, nor does their position).

So it is pretty easy to access them in the form of:
corbaloc::localhost:port/objectID

I don't except this to be a problem (bind to port issue) but if it becomes,
naming service is a valid solution...

Regards,
Igor