[omniORB] newbie's question about register_initial_reference()

Clarke Brunt clarke.brunt at trafficmaster.co.uk
Thu May 18 17:48:44 BST 2006

Luke wrote:
> Now I have a question, how could I tell the orb which port the
> servant should be listening on so the client could use: client
> -ORBInitRef PingService=corbaloc:iiop:1.2 at host:port/serviceId to find
> it.
>
> I now assume it would use the default port 2809...

I'm not familiar with most of what you are doing, but regards getting an
omniORB server to listen on a particular port, you probably want
configuration option e.g.

-ORBendPoint giop:tcp::2809

on the command line. Or in the registry (for Windows, without ORB at the
start), or in an environment variable, or set within the program. See
omniORB docs for details of endPoint and all its other settings. And use
'netstat -a' (or equivalent command on your OS) to check which port it is
listening on.

--
Clarke Brunt, Principal Software Engineer, Trafficmaster