[omniORB] Re: UNIX Transport Question

Brian Neal bgneal at gmail.com
Tue May 16 11:42:14 BST 2006

On 5/16/06, Brian Neal <bgneal at gmail.com> wrote:
> We are using omniORB 4.0.6 under linux.
>
> We are trying to use the UNIX domain socket transport. We have several
> applications on the same processor, and some others are on other
> processors. We are starting our applications that run together on the
> same processor with the following command line arguments:
>
> -ORBendPoint giop:unix:
> -ORBendPoint giop:tcp::
> -ORBunixTransportDirectory /tmp
>
> We are then relying on the default client transport rule of "*
> unix,tcp,ssl", hoping that the applications on the same processor will
> use the UNIX transport to communicate with each other, and the
> applications on the other processors will use TCP. Is this the proper
> recipe for that? :-)

Well...oops...it turns out we were not passing these arguments
correctly on the command line. Note to all you poor dopes doing JTRS
stuff...the SCA mechanism for passing exec params as command line
arguments is messed up. Just use the omniORB.cfg file to set these
parameters and you will be fine. Please email me off list for details
(unless the only people here are JTRS developers... ;-)

Thanks.